AreYouSafe? bot is here to help you improve emergency response during major incidents. Here are six simple ways to ensure employee safety during a crisis:
1. Prepare a well-documented contingency plan.
Your contingency plan must consider scenarios during and after a crisis. A crisis management plan should include:
- Prominently marked emergency exits.
- Contact information of geographically based designated safety officers.
- Mode of communication that will ensure employees remain aware of the ongoing crisis and can reach out to safety officers in need of assistance.
- The location of critical documents.
- Details of on-site hazardous substances. For example, industrial solvents and chemicals that may cause fire and explosions.
- A list of items in emergency kits
2. Emergency preparedness training for employees.
During an emergency, your employees must know what to do and how to stay safe. After preparing an emergency plan, the next step is to communicate all helpful information to the employees by conducting emergency preparedness training that should include the following:
- Brainstorm a list of worst-case contingency scenarios.
- Teach how to locate and operate emergency equipment.
- Prepare them for quickly reaching out to designated safety officers.
- Make them aware of the evacuation procedure.
3. Regularly update the contingency plan.
Update the contingency plan document reflecting the changes and growth in business to ensure it remains effective. Additionally, unforeseen threats may emerge that were overlooked in the original contingency plan.
4. Implement a hassle-free safety check system.
It is difficult to know when employees need assistance during a crisis. They may not be able to reach out for help or not know how to ask for it.
That is where our AreYouSafe? bot comes to the rescue, your personalized crisis management assistant in Microsoft Teams. Easily trigger safety checks during a crisis in under 60 seconds!
AreYouSafe? bot helps you offer assistance to your employees in need by providing real-time updates to you about their safety status.
5. Conduct regular drills.
One way to ensure emergency preparedness is regular drills. That may include fire, earthquake, or even drills for more specific crises like active shooter situations. Regularly practicing these drills can help ensure that your employees know what to do during the crisis and respond appropriately.
6. Ensure that emergency kits are up-to-date and stocked up.
It is crucial to ensure that you have the contingency reserve to respond effectively. Here are some tips on how to ensure that there are well-maintained adequate supplies for emergency equipment:
- Keep an up-to-date inventory of all emergency equipment and supplies.
- Regularly check and test all emergency kits to ensure it is in good working order.
- Make sure that all emergency supplies are properly stored and easily accessible.
- Keep emergency kits in good condition by regularly inspecting and maintaining them.
- Be prepared to replace any emergency supplies that are damaged or expired.
By following these tips, you can be sure that you will always have the supplies you need to respond to a contingency.
Want real-time safety checks on your fingertips? Check out our AreYouSafe? bot in Microsoft Teams to:
- Easily personalize incident management.
- Quickly reach out to your employees during a crisis.
- Improve emergency response amid major incidents with real-time reports.